AltaCast is a continuation of the Oddcast/Edcast streaming software that can stream to either Icecast or SHOUTcast servers. The current version of AltaCast Standalone, Winamp and Foobar plugins is 1.1. A 2.0 version is planned for the future that will be SHOUTcast v2 compatible.
NOTE: AltaCast uses a third party Bass Sound Library that is not associated with this project in any way.
List of Changes/Improvements:
- Made main window slightly taller to accommodate larger encoder window
- Items in main window spread out a little
- Configuration window now uses tabs like Shoutcast encoder instead of buttons (looks more professional).
- YP configuration is editable when the “Public” setting is disabled.
- The “OK” and “Cancel” buttons were moved to the bottom on either side to make it less likely to click the wrong one
- Server type drop down box enlarged
- Encoder Password field now hides the password
- Cleaned up the code to make it more compliant with today’s standards
- Patched to work on multiple CPU machines without crashing (1.1)
- Tested working and stable on Windows XP, Server 2003 and Windows 7
Bugs and other issues:
Deleting multiple encoders in the main window one at a time from the bottom up will crash it. As a workaround, I made the encoder window so that you can select multiple encoders. It will still only delete one at a time, but selecting multiple encoders anyway keeps it from crashing.
The screenshot below shows the AltaCast plugin for Foobar.